Saturday 30 March 2013

This Isn't Your Grandmothers Easter Manicure (Part 2): Now featuring 100% more blasphemy!

If this was her manicure she would be a)A bad ass granny. b) Me.  I am your grandmother.  I have a blog.  Deal with it.

So sticking to with my Easter theme from last year(Killer Bunny) I kept it Monty Python.  If you don't know who they are, get out.  No, Im kidding.  Just go out and get Monty Python and the Holy Grail.  I feel that would be a good intro.

This manicure is based on the Python's movie Life a Brian.  A story about Brian a Jewish man, born on the same day as, and is Jesus's neighbor who is subsequently mistaken for the Messiah.  This is my opinion is their best film. 

So I have been wanting to do these nails for a year.  This is from the end of the film when everyone is getting crucified and Brian's spirits are lifted when everyone starts singing "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life".  I'm not going to get into details as I don't want to spoil the movie :P.  The music notes represent the song(they are the actual beats).  I would have put people on the crosses but they were to small #Nailartproblems101.  My thumb is an alien spacecraft with a one eyed purple alien.  In one scene Brian gets abducted by aliens.  I know, I know...the spacecraft is different from the movie.  But this is all I could do with my talent. 

Polish wise I used OPI's Over the Taupe, Suzi Loves Cowboys, and my boyfriend scales walls as well as Sephora by OPI's Break a Leg Warmer, an Orly who's name escapes me at the moment and acrylic paint.


 Copy of the films script

And this is the song

Oh and a Happy Belated Birthday to Mr. Eric Idle!!!

13 comments:

  1. Oh, so cool and great - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Monty Python. Humour with a twist. Great nails!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bwahahahaha!!!! Love it!!! XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahahahahaha! Brilliant! Best Easter mani I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a perfectly appropriate Easter mani!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. I thought I had seen it all when this song was performed at the Olympics, profanity included. This is EVEN BETTER! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha wow thank you! Saying you like it better than Eric Idle performing it. That right there might just be blasphemy :P

      Delete
  7. Love this, especially your space ship! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hehe great post and great mani! :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha I expected the maneating bunny from Holy Grail when you mentioned Monty Python as the inspiration. But this works!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha this is why I love you so much! Month python rules and this song is literally my ringtone the second verse though!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments as much as we like bacon! And we LOVE bacon! But if you want us to check you out please go to the contact us tab up top and feel free to send us a message. Please don't SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...